All the power of the bee hive in a jar!
Hive Five is Bax Bees’ premium product containing all five of the products honey bees produce.
A mix of fresh royal jelly, perga, fresh pollen, propolis and raw spring honey all made by our bees here in the Cheshire countryside. This powerful blend of 100% natural honey bee products that in addition to producing an amazing flavour and texture also combine to enhance the mutual health influence of each ingredient individually.
If you’re looking for a local natural allergy cure, if this doesn’t work there’s nothing more we could possibly develop that would.
What makes Hive Five so special?
- The whole year’s harvest of royal jelly from our 150+ hives goes into Five Hive. We only harvest royal jelly from queen cells that the bees build naturally
- Hive Five is made using fresh pollen, not dried. Drying pollen destroys the naturally occurring live enzymes, and many of the vitamins and bioflavonoids.
- Hive Five is made by our bees from pollen they collect from local flowers here in the Cheshire countryside. We harvest all the ingredients from hives within a ten mile radius of Plumley Honey House. Most Pollen, Perga and Royal Jelly sold in the UK is imported from Spain or China with all the associated risk of contamination.
- Hive Five is made using Pollen and Perga from a wide variety of flowers. The bees collect the pollen throughout the whole of the bee keeping season, from early April through to September. This ensures that it is from a wide range of trees, hedgerows, wild flowers, farmer’s crops and garden flowers.
- Hive Five is also made using raw spring honey and propolis. We never expose any of the ingredients in Hive Five to a higher temperature than would normally occur in the hive so all the active enzymes, live yeasts, natural proteins, flavours and aromas are preserved.
Cheshire honey, royal jelly, perga, propolis, fresh pollen
- A daily dose of half to one teaspoon taken daily straight out of the jar which should then last about one month.
- It should not be added to hot drinks as the heat can damage some of the beneficial properties and the propolis can stick to ceramics.
Propolis has powerful natural antibiotic properties so should not be consumed while you are on a course of prescribed antibiotics. After the course is complete though, the probiotic bacteria and yeasts in Perga can help restore the gut flora.
While allergy to bee pollen is frequent, allergy to Perga, royal jelly and propolis is very rare, however you should always try a little first and check for a reaction.
Hive Five and all honey is not suitable for people with a severe allergy to pollen or other bee products.
Honey should not be given to infants under 12 months.