Our raw, Cheshire Spring honey infused with Organic Bird’s Eye Chilli peppers.
Chilli peppers contains an impressive list of plant derived chemical compounds that are reputed to have health promoting properties.
Cheshire honey, Chilli peppers
Serving suggestion: Spice up your life by drizzling a spoonful over pizza or mix with extra virgin olive oil for a very lively salad dressing. Also makes a great additon to a winter warming drink such as a spiced Chai Latte.
- Honey should not be taken by people with allergies to honey, pollen or other bee products.
- Honey should not be given to infants under 12 months.
- Chillies contain a health benefiting alkaloid compound, capsaicin, which gives them their strong spicy pungent character but can cause severe irritation and hot sensation to mouth, tongue and throat and may irritate an existing gastro-esophageal reflux condition.
- The use of herbs and spices is a time-honoured approach to strengthening the body and alleviating the symptoms of illness. They can, however, contain components that can trigger side effects and interact with other herbs, supplements, or medications. If in doubt seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should be especially cautious and avoid taking large quantities of herbs or spices