We have an observation hive in the corner of the shop that enables you to take a look at the inner workings of the brood chamber and the bees communicating with each other. They are safely behind a double glazed window and come and go through wide pipe leading to an opening in the roof.
- Study honey bee colony structure and organization
- See different honey bee castes and their duties within the hive
- Follow the development of honey bee larvae
- Watch comb building, honey production and storage
- Observe their communication with the bee ‘waggle’ dance
- Try to spot the queen!